U9/10 Boys/Girls is one step beyond U8. Players play on a larger field for two 25 min halves. They play 7v7 (including a goalkeeper). All the players will get equal playing time and will play all positions. Teams are formed to try and create parity between them. Practices are once a week from 6-7pm on a weekday. Games are on Saturday between 8:30am and 1:30pm. Field location and practice nights are determined prior to the start of the season. At this age group, coaches are encouraged to work with the girls on development of individual ball control skills and game fundamentals.
- Size 4 Ball
- Shin guards covered by soccer socks
- NASC reversible jersey (required, may be purchased at the time of registration)
- Soccer cleats are required. Football and baseball cleats are not permitted and referees will not permit any player with the wrong footwear to play.
- Earrings are not permitted for any reason.
- Golies are required to wear helmets. These will be provided by NASC for each team.
NASC Recreational programs are successful because of the people who volunteer their time. Every U9/10 team will need at least 2 coaches or assistant coaches, plus a team parent to function smoothly.